Secure Console Servers are used to securely monitor and centrally manage up to 48 of your networking systems (servers, routers, switches, etc.). They do so by monitoring the console port of your network center?s devices and systems. Each attached component must have an EIA-232 compatible serial port. Security is maintained through encryption and user passwords. Systems are used where redundant power concerns exist, where hot-swap replacement of Power Modules is a concern or where more than one network connection or console port connection is required. User accounts are set up by the root user, or sysadmin of the SCS. A user can access the attached servers using commands from a local terminal or through an ssh-protocol (secure) network connection.
- Dual Hot-Swappable, Redundant Power Modules
- Dual 10 baseT/100 baseTX Network Port interfaces
- Dual console port interfaces (one DTE, one DCE)
- Power Monitoring with Module outage notification
- Models offer hardware redundancy for power
- Features include dual NIC inputs, dual console port inputs
- Factory pre-configured to be operational out-of-the-box